What Is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers. This can help to improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, and uneven skin tone. Chemical peels can be performed at different depths, depending on the desired results. A superficial peel will only remove the outermost layer of skin, while a deeper peel will penetrate through several layers. The type of chemical solution used will also vary depending on the depth of the peel. Peels can include AHA, BHA, glycolic, lactic, salicylic, or trichloroacetic acids individually or combined to help patients achieve their desired result. The length of the procedure will also vary depending on the depth of the chemical peel, but most peels take 30-60 minutes. We recommend getting a chemical peel every 4-6 weeks to maintain results.
What Type of Chemical Peels Do You Offer?
At Low Country Dermatology, we offer a variety of chemical peels based on your skin’s needs and condition.
- VI Peels
- VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus – our most effective and comprehensive peel for those with acne scarring
- VI Peel Precision Plus – works to suppress melanin while simultaneously promoting cell turnover for a radiant glow
- VI Peel Purify – promotes a deep cleansing of the pores and helps to reduce the appearance of acne and blemishes
- VI Peel Advanced – combines special ingredients known to work together to combat the signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles
- VI Body Peels – perfect for larger areas of the body and works to promote collagen production and an all-over glow
- Skinceutical TCA Peel – composed of trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and glycolic acid to improve the skin’s overall appearance and can soften wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, and the effects of discoloration. This peel can be layered to customize the peel to each individual patient.
- Obagi Blue Peel Radiance – uses a combination of acids, including salicylic, lactic, and glycolic to gently exfoliate the uppermost layers of the skin. This peel improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helps to smooth skin tone and texture, reduces blemishes, and brightens scars and imperfections.
Contact us today to learn more.